Monday, May 17, 2010

A New Day



Here we are, it's a Monday (AGGHHH)... the hardest day of the week to get started on! At least it is for me... hard to leave the weekend behind!

I am spending the morning working on our new creation, she is not named yet... I like to wait until my designz are finished before naming them, then I sit and stare at it and envision the little girl that would be wearing it and her name... that's how I come up with the names to my designz!

Anyway, the design I am working on now is made of Silk Dupioni (my favorite material) and was inspired by a picture of one of Christian Diors designs in the 1950's... It will have a very full tulle skirt with an overlay of the silk dupioni that is whisked back and tied loosely in the back, which will hold a bouquet of hand-made 100% silk flowers... oh, this is an exciting dress to me!

I had the dress all together, thinking I could start adding details, and found the skirt is not yet full enough to hold the weight of the overlay, so now i'm having to take the whole skirt off, and add more layers! oh fun, fun! I hate having to undo things!

Also being worked on are two silk dupioni fall jackets by special order! We do specialized custom designz for people too, I LOVE doing one-of-a-kind work.. it never gets stale and I'm always learning something new!


I will be adding b/w photos of the designz in progress and upon completion will be adding full color photos to show the finished design!

No comments:

Post a Comment