Friday, May 14, 2010

The Beginning

So here I am embarking on a sometimes scary but wonderful new adventure in my life!

My best friend and I have started our own online website creating one-of-a-kind children's clothing. I am the seamstress and she is the one with all the wit and brains for book-keeping and file-keeping and all those things SHE calls fun!

Currently, we have opened shop on Etsy, a website designed for selling handmade or vintage items.. It is really neat and has been fun so far. We have only made one sale in two months, but it was a rather encouraging sale...

We sold a really fun sundress (size 18-24 mo) with a matching capelette to a woman in NYC! She left us wonderful feedback stating that she was very impressed with the workmanship and that we should have our own boutique in SOHO! Yes, we jumped up and down about this for a couple of days!

We are still anxiously awaiting our next sale, but in the meantime have a couple of dresses in progress! I'll be back with photos and updates on what is in store for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment